One Bright Summer Morning

 I woke up one bright summer morning in mid-July,

with a desperate urge to murder my Insanity.

I flipped around, surprised to find,
that she was right there, curled up on the bed beside me.
Her cool breath juxtaposed with the sweat on my brows,
and left me in a tingling drunken state.
I was numb from the top of my head to the tip of my toes,
while her eyelashes fluttered open at an alarmingly fast rate.

“Oh, I should’ve choked her,” I thought,
but she jumped up and put on my faded striped shirt.
She sat on the kitchen counter and bit into a half-rotten apple,
while I grabbed a knife before my plan meant naught.

Almost as if she anticipated my bizarre craving, she ran,
I chased her far, and I chased her wide, hiding the knife behind my back.
I followed Insanity everywhere she went,

conniving to beat her blue and black.

But the witch was too smart for me, and I missed her
by an inch, a yard, sometimes a mile.
Once she got me wound up on a plane to Spain,
it was demented, I swear, but worth the while.

One night, she got so close, I could almost touch her,
but her purple mascara stained tears aroused another kind of fervour.
So, I took her out to a little café, which arguably reeked of tomatoes.
Maybe nobody could see her though, because the waiter staggered when I said, “Table for two.”
Then, I drove straight for hours, two, or three, maybe four,
I took a right turn and drove some more.

Finally, we ended up at sea,
Meanwhile, I wasn’t able to comprehend my feelings.
Maybe it was this disease everyone talks about called “Love,”
or maybe I was fighting tooth and nail to destroy the thing that made me unique.
My Insanity sighed and said, “We can’t go ahead, and we dare not turn back.
We’ll crumble into nothingness if we stay. So, darling, where do we go from here?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seedr- a Safe way to download torrents